So you’ve been looking around the house and it looks a bit plain. Seeing the same colors everyday since you’ve moved in? You talk it over with hubby and he says find us a painter. Well how do you start that process? You turn to Google and type in painters near me and of course there’s a long list. How do you narrow it down?
- Well first how far are they from your home? You don’t want to hire someone that’s too far out.
- Do they have a website? A website is the quickest way to get the majority of the information you need.
- Look at their reviews how many do they have. More importantly what do they say are people pleased with their services? Would they recommend them to others
- While looking on the website see if they are licensed and insured. This is a major one you want someone who is a professional at what they do. Also if they have insurance incase something goes wrong.
- Look at the picture gallery on the website. You can also ask them to provide pictures that pertain to your specific project.
- Pricing isn’t everything if you want a great job you have to pay a little more for it. It’s a good idea to shop around but don’t pinch pennies on something as important as your house cheaper price does not mean better quality.
- Are they available for the timeframe you are looking for?
- Are they personable and accessible? This company will be in your home if they aren’t considerate and well mannered it might not be a good fit.
Use these steps and this will help you choose the best contractor for you and your family. Good luck on your search and I hope this will help bring some color into your home.